We're Jammin'

Summer is close. Well, not so close that you can taste it, but I'm itching for summer, so to me it's (relatively speaking) "close".  There's just something about the beach: with the way the wind whips your hair, the seagulls singing songs of freedom hunger, and the sun acts like a long-awaited massage that causes a sleepy euphoria.

Perhaps it is in my blood to love the beach and summertime. I am, after all part-Bahamian. Some may laugh that know how absolutely pale I become in the winter (I blame my Father's side of Polish/Czech-blood), but my Mother's side proves an entirely different story and increased melanin count. My late grandfather (whom I unfortunately never met due to his early death), was born and raised in the Bahamas. Perhaps this is why, when I hear Caribbean/island/Reggae music, I feel at home, at ease. But then again, who doesn't?
So, it is with proud heritage representation in my heart that I share with you some Reggae today.

Now, the obvious choice would be to go for Bob Marley. Love him. But, I'm going to veer off the family tree a bit, a go with one of his sons-- Damian Marley. Still keeping it in the legend's family, but "stir it up" a bit. (Hope someone gets that song reference and it is not lost on all. Aaaand my dorky sense of humor is revealed).

And without further ado...relax and enjoy...
Damian Marley: "Welcome to Jamrock"


Comments

  1. hahahha nice babe!! i didnt see that one coming but i liked it. Good job:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my love! I'm glad you liked it and were thrown for a loop on the song choice. That's my goal: To delightfully surprise my readers daily with an unexpected song choice. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts