Killer Queen

So, as my brother rightly pointed out last night, I failed to give him a proper birthday blog tribute, but I paid my respects, rather, to my pet cat baby, Miss Capo. He was, of course, kidding, but he had a point nonetheless. I reminded him of the "Nirvana's Baby" post in which I paid him homage via The Foo Fighters.

Carrying on...

One band he said he doesn't like (which absolutely surprises me since he is of open mind when it comes to music, and this band doesn't require one) is Queen. My theory as to his unappreciative outlook for one of the greatest classic rock bands of all time, is that a lot of their music is, quite frankly, over played. Even I get a bit frustrated when I hear We Will Rock You or We Are The Champions for the umpteenth time.

So my mission, is to show him the songs that make me love Queen. The under-played songs that rock. The thing I love about this band is their flare for the dramatic and Freddy Mercury's uncomprable vocal chords. He and Steve Perry (of Journey) rank among my top rock vocalists of all time, but that could be up for debate.

Without further ado, here are some of my personal Queen favorites:

Queen: "Don't Stop Me Now"

Queen: "Killer Queen"

Queen: "I Want To Break Free"

Queen: "Somebody To Love"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts