She's Gone Country

 I'll be honest: Country is not a genre I listen to often. I have to be in a country mood, and I'm really not up on the latest country songs and artists.

But, boy oh boy, do I love when a country song is kickin'. I love when it has sass, attitude, and an all-around bad ass touch. 

I'm a big fan of the television show The Voice and while watching it, I've gained a huge respect for the four judges/coaches: Adam Levine (Maroon 5 lead singer), Cee Lo, Christina Aguilera, and Blake Shelton. After seeing Blake's humble, encouraging coaching style, he quickly became one of my favorite coaches. He acts more like a parent to his vocal mentorees. He gives unlimited amounts of love, warmth, encouragement and support, something the other coaches never quite get close to giving. So, naturally, I was interested in someone whom he speaks of constantly-- his wife, and famous country singer, Miranda Lambert. I listened to some of her songs, and I must say I love her angst and how she owns it. So after some searching, I know she is not new to many of you, but I found today's song, and it has that bad ass-ery (I made up a word to fit the occasion) that I love in a good country song. 

So, I guess I should thank The Voice for further expanding my musical horizons. If you don't watch the show, you really should. In my humble opinion it is better far superior to American Idol. Not only are the judges renowned popular music artists, but they coach their picks as well. Not to mention, they pick their team practically blindfolded since their chairs are turned around when they are listening to each contestant. I love that it is all about sound and the artists' looks are no longer a part of the equation. When did we lose that quality? I guess video really did kill the radio star...

Miranda Lambert: "Gunpowder and Lead"

Comments

  1. Your doing soo good on your blog baby:) im super proud of you:) i love you style and taste in music:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, love! That means a lot. I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts