Soundtracks


I said I would cover all genres of music, and I meant it. In fact, I hope to soon cover jazz, choral music, Celtic music, African music, new age music, swing, Gregorian chants and beyond. There’s really no limit to music (both in regards to its sound and where it can take its listener).


Today I want to look at the original movie score. I have some favorites, and I’d like to share them with you.

When I saw this movie, I remember thinking the entire time, “What beautiful music!” It was almost as though I was more enchanted by the soundtrack  than the film.

 A Beautiful Mind Soundtrack: “A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics”

Then there is this one, which I think most people enjoy. It's just so adventurous. If this doesn't make you want to seize the day, then I don't know what will. Ahh, perfect for a pirate. Arrrg! 

Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack: "He's a Pirate"

I'm noticing a Russell Crowe theme, which leads me to believe he likes to be in movies with good music. Ha! But I digress. I love this song. Absolutely beautiful and breathtaking. I feel transported to another time and place when I listen to this. In fact, I remember this being a particular acting warm-up technique I would do before a show. I would play this song on my iPod, lay on the floor and close my eyes. Now, if only I could remember what show it was for...
 
 The Gladiator: "Now We Are Free" 

I also want to note that I love the  Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings theme songs, but it seems to be only the main themes within those songs, so I didn't want to bore make you listen to long renditions only to get to a certain 10 second spot. Let me know what movie soundtracks you enjoy, too!


Comments

  1. I'd have to so i like the last one the best on here:).. dont know what movie st i'd like though.. hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. It's such a powerful song. You should think about it, and post it here. :) I'm hoping to eventually have more readers so we can have a chat-like atmosphere. A place to discuss music.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts