Oh, Ingrid... and a red-head

Ok, I admit it: I've been giddy with excitement thinking of all the music I can share with you. The possibilities are endless, really. I was laying in bed listing songs and artists that inspire me, excite me, move me, stir my soul, etc. No pressure on getting this blog started, right? So, when I thought I had a song picked for today, something happened. 

A tie. 

Yes, a musical tie of sorts. Apparently, Ingrid Michaelson is her own worst enemy because she lost won against herself. 

I know Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and my first song is definitely a happier version of new-found love. However, there's something haunting about lost love that is so beautiful. So, I'm posting a song about that as well. In that regard, both my single and  coupled readers alike can relish and unite in their common experiences in love. That's something that I've always appreciated about music-- It reminds us that we are not alone in our human condition. We are all experiencing this journey in our own skin, but the feelings, although unique to ourselves, are also shared. Knowing you are not alone in your sorrow, your joys, your tears and laughter can be a very, very powerful thing.

On a side note: Apparently, a more popular pop singer has recorded this song and made it popular. Well, I say when it comes to music err on the side of talent what feels genuine (except when it comes to guilty pleasures, which I will get to in a later post). This version sounds much better, in my humble opinion. I tried listening to the radio-played version by Cheryl Cole, and I must say it sounds too fake produced. Perhaps it's because Ingrid actually wrote the song that the lyrics resonate with her. I love Ingrid's raw/real feel. I hope you will, too. (This one's for my hubs. I love you.)

Ingrid Michaelson: "Parachute"

Ingrid Michaelson: "Ghost"

So here's the random red-head I spoke of in my title. Yes, he does exist and I'm not just crazy. Although, I will claim a lot of craziness, this time it was simply truth spoken of in the title. I digress. 
My husband showed me this video yesterday. Due to its sheer cuteness factor, I recommend that you watch it, too. Especially for my fellow cat lovers. This one's for you. Me-ow! 

Ed Sheeran: "Drunk"

Comments

  1. Awesome choices in songs!!!! I love them all!!! Keep up the good work baby:) I've never heard of Ingrid Michaelson but i love her style! soo cool:)) thank you for introducing me to yet again another amazing artist:) cant wait to see what you have up your sleeve next!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, handsome! That's awesome! I hope to keep delighting my readership. I'm glad you've discovered a new artist. That's always a neat experience. Thank you for introducing me to Ed. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts