Phil & Philip

I wonder what the nerd factor of loving your grocery store's music playlist is? Because I gotta say, I think I just earned my gold nerd badge. When I am in Publix (where shopping and music is a pleasure), I almost always find myself jamming along to the tunes. I know, I know, this isn't exactly bragging material, but I am just so stoked that I can dance down the aisles whilst grabbing bananas or nuts, or whatever I need. Toilet paper. Who knows! All I know is that they play 80s adult contemporary and frankly, sometimes that is my jam. Depends on the day and my mood, but for the most part (95% of the time), I am up for a good 80s adult contemporary tune.

And let us not forget one of the kings supreme of all things 80s/90s (gated reverb, anyone?), Sir Phil Collins. The man is a percussion beast and his vocals have this warm home-y feeling (a sense of familiarity, perhaps) along with a depth of wisdom and kindness. Such an interesting, unexpected mix. Some might find his style "cheesy". I find it soul-comforting. He's the kind of artist I would love to sit and chat with over a cup of tea in my garden (an octopus's garden? Heh). One day, I'll have that garden, one day...

Phil Collins: "Inside Out"

Speaking of Phils, when I think of Phil, I think of another musical favorite (genius), Philip Glass. I am obsessed with his "Heroes" album. Let me give you a taste. Sheer exquisite beauty.

Philip Glass: "Heroes"

Comments

Popular Posts