Sia

Love this musician. Love her voice, her crazy personality, and her music. So, if you haven't heard of her, here is the artist Sia.

Sia: "Clap Your Hands"

Sia: "You've Changed"

And to slow things down, I have the song below. I actually used it to make a powerful impact during a PowerPoint presentation given to a room full of my teacher candidate peers. We had to present on different student backgrounds (their race, religion, sexuality, economic status, disabilities, etc.), and mine (and my partner's) was based on LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) students. We spoke on why they need us to care, and as educators, push any possible negative feelings aside in order to help them. They have such a high suicide rate that school needs to be a safe place where they can talk to someone and know they are free from bullying. I hope I made a difference to someone in that room. Who cares what your sexual orientation is? We all just want to be loved and accepted for who we are. When did hate become the answer? It never was and never will be. We are called to love one another-- regardless of our differences.
Sia: "Breathe Me"

Comments

  1. Really good post and soo true:) your soo awesome baby:)) I love you tons

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts