Only You

After seeing the musical biography of Buddy Holly, I never realized the nearly psychic predictions made in his life that came true.  First, Buddy told his future wife that he would marry her the day they met (very cool!) I also didn't know his wife had nightmares about a fire in the sky, and she didn't want him to leave and go on tour because she had a bad feeling. Unfortunately, those feelings came to fruition when he died in a tragic plane crash (along with musical greats The Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens). So sad. And to think she was pregnant with child when he died. I can't even imagine. I got so choked up because if there's one thing that would make my world come crumbling down, it would be losing the love of my life.

This song played at one point in the show, and I'm reminded of my love for a man who makes me the happiest girl in the world. I just love how honest and soulful the vocals are. A timeless classic, indeed.

On a happier note, the Decca label didn't think he was any good, and he sure proved them wrong. Kinda reminds me of their quote about The Beatles:

 "We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out." -Decca Recording Company rejecting the Beatles, 1962

I love a good stick-it-to-the-man underdog story.

The Platters: "Only You"

Comments

  1. Oh wow craziness!! I love you baby and im sooo lucky to have you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you more. :) As I am sooo lucky to have you too.♥

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts