Country & Dubstep

Still on this country kick. However, with this next song, you really can't blame me. It's beautiful. Also, just to throw you for a loop, I've added an additional song of the day-- but it's dubstep. A track with gritty beats, that's extremely catchy. I believe it was even used in the Kony 2012 video that went wickedly viral, which is another topic entirely. 

One thing I do want to touch upon while it's been mentioned, is how short the national attention span truly is. When the video made it big, people were promising to make a change for these kids in Africa. Now, only a few short weeks later, it's almost as if the video never existed. And this isn't the first "trend" or bandwagon that people have so easily jumped on only to abandon it once the "next big thing" arrived. I feel like our nation is watching a constant metaphorical tennis game of events and nothing can really hold our attention, so we are constantly shifting our focus. Perhaps this is why so many marriages fail. Let me explain: I believe our older generations had it right: They fixed what was broken, not simply replace it. Sure, new can be fun, shiny, and exciting, but with something older comes wisdom, experience, and knowledge.

I love how the older I get, the more I learn, and experience, about myself, the narrative I create about these experiences, the people around me, and the world that I engage within and (sometimes) without. You see, that's where I think we as a modern western society have gone wrong. We have placed a trophy upon youth. When we really should be revering our elderly. Because with youth, yes, there are admirable qualities such as beauty, vitality, and often a creative spirit (which I love, don't get me wrong here for a minute); however, with age comes that wisdom, that inner peace, and depth of knowledge and experience. By giving those younger the power, we are depriving ourselves of really learning how to live and have depth of experiences. We are experiencing the shallow. And with this shallow experience comes that brief attention span because no one was really invested in [fill in latest "slactivism" venture here i.e. the Kony 2012 video]. Don't get me wrong, I believe the Kony video creators have the best of intentions, and I admire what they are doing. I just think we as a nation were quickly moved emotionally, and then lost interest; therefore, not really helping the cause.

Now, by "we" I am using a broad term to define western civilization. Many of the people I know are aware of this constant shallow-end in which many are swimming and chose a deeper life and richer existence, so please don't think I am pointing you out, my dear readership. The fact that you are on this musical journey with me says a lot about you. You are trying to enrich your artistic self along with me. I appreciate that and you are appreciating the beauty of song.

Whew.

Got on a rant there. So, here are the two very different styles I present to you: country & dubstep.

Kenny Chesney: "Somewhere With You"


Flux Pavilion: "I Can't Stop"

Comments

  1. Awesome point baby!and your completely right:) its just crazy.. but maybe one day people will learn.. on a side note:) you said your getting older;) i think you look amazing:))) I love you tons baby:) good job on the vids:)) love em:) and i love you more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so. I hope we can go back to core values and live richer lives. Aww thanks, babe. Haha getting close to the big 3-0! I glad you love 'em. They are pretty awesome songs. I love you more. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts