Gaga

So, I hesitated to post a Lady Gaga song on here after listening to the new CD again last night. The songs are growing on me (as my brother predicted). But it's not the songs that caused the hesitation so much as her status as an artist. 

Everyone has their opinion on Lady Gaga as a person/artist/performer/whatever. I, personally, like her. Granted, I'm not her number one fan by any stretch of the imagination; however, I still like her work and I can admire her creativity (in some, not all, of her choices both stylistically with fashion and as a musician).

I remember reading an article * where John Lennon's son, Sean Lennon, mentioned her coming over to play on John's piano and some Beatles fans were outraged. They didn't deem her "worthy." While, I am a strong Beatles fan, I didn't see the cause for an uproar. John is such a free spirit, I don't think he would have been up in arms about practically anyone sitting at his piano. As a true pacifist with a peace-not-war motto, I don't think he would have started an angsty fight. I also think her classical piano training and NYU background is rather solid credentials for someone in a modern music realm.

Perhaps I am defending her. I don't really mean to. Rather, I am defending my choice to put an artist on here that some (most?) might detest for various reasons.

Nevertheless, I am putting a lesser known song (that might take a few listens as it did for me) that you can take down quickly like a whiskey shot or sip slowly and go for seconds like a sweet southern iced tea. It's up to you. 

*Click on "article" above to read the aforementioned piece on Lennon's piano (I wasn't sure if the link was clearly defined)
Lady Gaga: "Bloody Mary"

Comments

  1. I love you baby:) reminds me of candy man hahhaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too. Not sure if I know candy man. Is it a scary movie? :/

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts