Best New Artist

Here is a fairly unknown musician who is sure to make it big. His name, Goyte (Go-te-yay), actually means Walter, which to me (for obvious reasons to those who know me) is cool. I used a remake of one of his songs "Somebody That I Used To Know" on my blog about a cappella super group Pentatonix.

On Wikipedia, he is compared to Sting and Peter Gabriel, who are both two amazing artists in their own right. And it doesn't hurt that I have a special spot in my heart for Peter Gabriel, a talented musician who put his unique stamp on the 80s. I can definitely hear the similarity in their voices. I'm going to post a Peter Gabriel video below so you can compare.
Gotye: "Eyes Wide Open"

Gotye (feat. Kimbra): "Somebody That I Used To Know"

In case you're curious about Peter Gabriel, here is one of his songs. I originally put one of my favorites, "Big Time" and then realized the upbeat nature of the song wouldn't prove helpful in this musical juxtaposition. Hopefully this will.

 Peter Gabriel: "Solsbury Hill"

Comments

  1. AWESOME :) I like the looks of the videos and the sound. Good job baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. I think the sound is really cool, myself. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts