Celebrity Doppleganger

I used to get told I look like Taylor Swift all the time. After all, we both have the same hair, similar eye shape, larger noses, big lips & smiles, and warm personalities. However, ever since she straightened her hair and got bangs, I don't hear the comparison nearly as much. It's funny because when I read articles on-line, people say they love her "mature" transformation sans the curly hair. When did curly hair become "immature"? I understand the link to little girls since they often don a crown of curly glory atop their head, but what about us grown women who want our mane to be free? Why is free, wild hair synonmous with being a little girl and straight hair seen as professional? Why can't mature women posses "unruly" hair?

I plan on keeping my hair curly as long as it looks healthy and I can keep it under control (thank you, Curly Girl Method). So it bothers me when people see curly-to-straight makeovers and suddenly the woman is infinitely more beautiful, sexy, mature. Well, Miss Swift, I loved your curls, and I, for one, thought you rocked 'em. Perhaps even  more than your new 'do which is giving way to a new "you" that I'm not sure the former curly country cutie "you" would approve of. Perhaps our hair defines us and our personality more than we would care to admit.

Taylor Swift: "Mean"

Comments

Popular Posts