The Sea Is Calling

Today is simply going to be all about songs I listened to yesterday that floored me, moved me, excited me in some way. The first one resonated deep within my soul-- it's that good. I suggest turning the volume up on this one so you can hear the deep bass lines, and grasp the lyrics. Make of it what you will, but I'm still deciphering the lyrics as I feel it entails a relationship with God and our existence on earth.

The Temper Trap: "The Sea is Calling"

The next song is fun-- fun to belt at the top of your lungs, fun to drive to, and fun to think about perhaps a time a lover was wrong for you, whether past or present. I love the line: "Loving your illusions/staring at a crooked crown." Who hasn't felt this way before?

The Hush Sound: "Honey"

This next song is another one from The Hush Sound. I used to listen to this on repeat when I had aspirations of following my dream of being an actress, and the line: "Fear will hold you back/if you believe in that" really resonated with me. Now, I think it's a great post-break-up song. I know a friend who just broke up with her boyfriend, and I think this just might be the perfect musical medicine. After all, she sings: "Why do I need anyone else?/When I can break the sky myself." Powerful.

The Hush Sound: "Break The Sky"

Comments

Popular Posts