Pale Shelter

Look who's back...Back again...

Lucky for you sumbishes, I've got a second round, a two-fer-one, if ya will.

And it's late, so you get the wine edition, which let's be honest, makes everything exponentially more fun!

So, what was tipsy Rebecca listening to late on a Friday evening? Well, keeping in line with my synthpop love and obsession (as evidenced in my post earlier today. I couldn't even keep from including an entire Duran Duran album, when I'm only supposed to only do one song per day... because I am just THAT OBSESSED. /fangirling.)

That being said, everyone knows that Tears For Fears are easily one of the top synthpop artists of our time. Their soulful vocal prowess, combined with a unique sound filled with instrumental nuances and unexpected dynamics, make these two gents keepers.

And this song of theirs is only one of many reasons why 80's music geeks such as myself LOVE them. Just give it a listen and tell me you don't feel the current of the underlying beat, along with a pulsing, soaring chorus. ALONG WITH  (mind you) haunted lyrics of a cold, unrequited love. *le sigh* Leave her, dearest Roland (songwriter; Curt is singing below). You can do better, my angel of music.

Ladies and gentleman of planet earth, I present to you the beautifully titled, "Pale Shelter" by the imitable Tears For Fears.

I dare you not to dance.


Tears For Fears: "Pale Shelter"



Comments

Popular Posts