My Soul Is a Synthesizer

Hello again.

I don't think we need introductions, even if it has been...years...

Three to be exact, but who's counting?

Something in the air for the past, I dunno, year or so has me in a complete and utter worship of 80's synthpop. I think I've found my true music soul home, as it were. Something about this style feels like the closest I can get to expressing my soul through a vibration. Probably sounds kooky, but if you connect to music in a very real and deep way like I do, then you understand. I have a theory that music lovers, even if they pride themselves on listening to an assortment of genres, typically have a favorite or two that truly express who they are at the deepest level.

Not sure what it means that mine is one of the cheesiest, upbeat styles out there, but that's me so I'll take it! Besides, it can often show up as dark, mysterious, moody, and histrionic (Depeche Mode, anyone?), so there's that. Layers, I tell you, layers! And really, that's the beauty of synthpop. It is complex in a completely unexpected way. It mimics all instruments with its own flair, never completely losing its own electronic sound. It is so distinct and, if I'm being completely honest, feels like home whenever I hear it. Musical happiness at its finest. I'm in love.

My soul is a synthesizer. If your soul could be expressed through an instrument, what would it be?

Duran Duran: "Seven and the Ragged Tiger" (Full Album)

Ahh, 80's New Romantics...There is something about your sound and style. *Swoon*.

Comments

Popular Posts