Music For The Masses

I have to be honest. Okay, random confession time: I don't listen to my favorite album (or one of my favorites...it's a hung jury) very often at all. I'm afraid I'll "wear it out", or it will lose its spark, or I'll tire of it, or I'll figure out every nuance of sound leaving me bored and uninspired, etc. and then I'll just be unbearably sad because there is no music left to lift me up. So, instead of that bleak future possible scenario, I leave my favorite album untouched upon the shelf, perfect atop a hill or pedestal where it belongs (you cannot knock it down and if I don't listen too often, I won't knock it down either. Win-Win, right?) So, essentially our relationship is from a distance.

Is that similar to love?

Can something so awe-inspiring, so profound, so transcendental, so monumental, so...everything, transmute into something so loathsome, so tiresome...? Do we learn all of the steps of the dance, only to perfect the dance, dance the dance a million times 'round, only to tire of the dance, yearn to learn a new dance, hell even improvise a dance for once in your life, feeling the music in that moment. What would that feel like?

But I digress. Perhaps a favorite is meant to only come out to play on special occasions. Or perhaps a favorite is something that, even if it was listened to every moment of every day, one would never tire of its infinite discoveries and delights.

Perhaps?


Depeche Mode: "The Things You Said" (From my album true LOVE, Music For The Masses...Listen to the entire album from start to finish and report back by commenting below please and thank you with cherries on top!)

Comments

Popular Posts