The Golden Age of Hip Hop

...Is the 80's

Do you agree? I read this somewhere, and although I am not a major hip hop aficionado, I appreciate and love the genre. As such, I would say that yes, the 80's are the golden era of the hip hop.

I was recently introduced to this artist, Eric B. He exudes that sound I am talking about, that funky, fun, lyrically rich, golden era hip hop sound. I put a sample of the lyrics below so you can see the creativity and cleverness. Well done, gents, well done.


I speak in discreet cause talk is cheap
Then I get deep in the beat then completes
Compose with physique never weak or obsolete
They never grow old technique's become antique
Better then something brand new cause it's original
In a while the style, I have much more value
Classical to intelligent to be radical
Masterful never irrelevant mathematical
Here's some soothing souvenirs
For all the years you taught to sought the thoughts and ideas
It's cool when you freak to the beat
But don't sweat the technique


Eric B. & Rakim: "Don't Sweat The Technique"

Comments

Popular Posts