Milli Vanilli

So these guys are notorious for being models who were busted for lip syncing someone else's voice. (Here's a video about their story.) And while that is an artistic crime in and of itself, their music has always gets me groovin', so they naturally receive pardon from me.

In fact, today's tune is so catchy and fun, I had no idea they weren't the originator's of the song! I love this song, and Milli Vanilli's version might just be my favorite of the two; however, I had no idea until yesterday that it was a cover.

Have you ever heard the cover before the song that inspired it? How did it affect your relationship to the song? I feel like it can impact which version you like/prefer. My theory? We often like that which is familiar, or the one we heard first. But I'd have to survey the masses to prove my point.

So what do you think?

Cover first:

Milli Vanilli: "Hush"

Then the original:

Classics IV (feat. Dennis Yost): "Hush"

Comments

Popular Posts