Give Me A Reason

Painted my nails a taupe color. You know, that ambiguous is-it-gray-purple-or-brown shade. Sometimes I wonder if I don't subconsciously paint my nails to match my mood. Seems like I'm changing them every few days. I wonder how many other women do the same?
These are not my nails. I do not take pictures of my nails by bushes.

Anyway, here's an amazing song to fit my ambiguous mood. The musicality and feeling of the song, not the lyrics, just fit my current mood so well. That and the taupe polish. A great combo of emotion worn on the outside. I'll let it do the talking, while I slowly bow down, out of its way.

Portishead: "Glory Box"

Another Portishead song while I'm featuring them as my artist of the day:

Portishead: "Sour Times"

Shifting gears: On the TV show "The Voice", my favorite performer Juliet Simms has made it to the finals. She will be the only female, and she represents Team Cee-Lo, an extremely solid team this year. I love the grit in her voice, which reminds me of Janis Joplin mixed with Stevie Nicks and a hint of Steven Tyler. I also admire her as a performer-- like Christina says, she "sings from the heart" and I think that is what sets her apart in addition to her willingness to perform utterly and completely in the moment. How powerful is that? It's a great reminder for us all to live in the moment-- not our past, not our future (yes, I'm talking to myself on that one), but here and now.
Juliet Simms: "Roxanne"

At the end of this video, please note that Cee-Lo is wearing a t-shirt with his cat's face in the shape of a heart. That. Is. Awesome. Now where can I get my Capo kitty tee?
Juliet Simms: "It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World"

Comments

  1. Aww i do the same thing too baby:) bhahhaha too funny on the nails and bush lol hahha sounds are very good i like the sound:)) ahh and the voice!! always amazing!!! hahah lil capo t:))) maybe a capo and the Fonz t heheh I love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha true true on all accounts. :) I love you more. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts