A New Soul

Today I am coming to you live from my local Panera Bread. Thank God for the good coffee, ambiance, and free wifi! I'm fueled and ready to go. Not to mention I was internet-less at home since our router is acting silly.

BIG NEWS: Congratulations to Margaret & Curtis McDaniel on your new addition, Miss Anna Hope! I am extremely happy for the two of you. I know you'll be terrific parents. I can't wait to meet her! Woop woop! This calls for a celebration, and I wish I was closer so we could have a baby party...What that would consist of, I'm not quite sure. Milk and baby jingles? Naps? I don't quite know. I just know it would be on a different spectrum from a baby shower. I digress.

So last night I was watching an episode of Saturday Night Live. I admit that I don't always pay close attention to the musical performer of the week (since it's usually someone I'm already familiar with and just not super interested in at the moment for whatever reason); however, this time was different. I took pause. A big pause when I heard Alabama Shakes perform. They've got that chutzpah, that soul that bands nowadays are greatly lacking (for the most part). Take a listen and tell me they don't knock your socks off in their abundance of southern rock soul and blues.

Alabama Shakes: "Hold On"

And just for variety's sake. How about a more obscure 80's song, yes? Sure, why not.

Men At Work: "Overkill"

Comments

Popular Posts