R.E.M. & M.I.A.

I loooove the show Parks and Recreation. It's witty, clever, smart, fun, and interesting to watch each week. It's arguably one of my favorite shows. Interestingly enough, I stumbled upon a fascinating interview from one of the actors (Aziz Ansari otherwise known as Tom Haverford on the show). He talks of love and technology, which is perfect around Valentine's Day. I hope you'll read it. This kind of stuff is sooo fascinating to me-- I absolutely devour information about love and relationships and, in a frenzy, regurgitate  the information I find. Call me the love monster.

In the interview he says, "I don’t mean to sound pessimistic about love. I’m just frustrated at how the game has changed. It just seems less fun and romantic than it used to be."  Now, as a happily married woman, I am thankful to no longer be playing "the game" AKA dating; however, I see it and I understand the frustration as a woman who did her fair share of dating in the modern world. As someone old fashioned (in certain regards), it would be nice to see more romance for our single friends...and perhaps for some of the married ones as well. It seems like we are all little robots in a technological age, losing our human essence, which brings me to another interesting video about being together and yet alone because of technology. You can view that Ted Talk: here (Aziz gives a link in his article that I mentioned above). If you've never heard of a Ted Talk, please watch it or go to the main website and chose a topic that piques your interest because they are intriguing and highly informative. In a nutshell: They are speakers who are knowledgeable on a topic (professors, researchers, authors, etc.) and they give new insights. Again, brilliant.


M.I.A.: "Bad Girls"

In a completely unrelated note: I'm also learning how to play Losing My Religion on guitar. It's surprisingly easy, and fun, of course. Wish they hadn't overplayed this song in the '90s. It's genius and oh-so haunting.

R.E.M." "Losing My Religion" 

Comments

Popular Posts