Wrestling Music

 Yup. You read that title correctly. 

I was applying for various jobs, and one of them happened to be a writer for WWE (which is not too far from where I live), so I figured why not? Not to mention, I grew up watching wrestling with my Dad. I have fond memories of laughing at wrestlers such as "Nature Boy" Rick Flair ("Woo!"), "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, "Macho Man" Randy Savage ("Oh, yeah!"), and of course, Hulk Hogan...You know, those classic wrestling days, which in my humble opinion, were the best. I don't watch wrestling anymore, but as someone who does theatre and loves comedy, I figured it couldn't hurt to apply to become a writer for the show. After all, wrestling is sports entertainment: Athleticism mixed with bombastic acting. Completely scripted for your entertainment. 

Well, naturally my wrestling job search led me down a rabbit hole of sorts. Somehow I ended up in the magical world of wrestling entrance music. Let me tell you, some of them are glorious! The Rock's intro. (which most people probably know) is fantastic, pure unadulterated motivational rock 'n' roll...but there was another one that just got me to the core. I've never heard of this wrestler, but man oh man, if I were a wrestler myself, I would want her theme song. It is synth rock power!

Let's start with The Rock's intro. for those who haven't heard it:

The Rock Entrance Song

And here's my personal favorite. I now consider the composer Jim Johnston a genius. He apparently wrote most of the theme songs. What a cool gig!!

Beth Phoenix Entrance Song: "Glamazon" by Jim Johnston




Comments

Popular Posts