"Finding the self has replaced finding the sacred."

Wow. That quote from Caroline Myss (one of my favorite spiritual teachers on Youtube—and I have many) perfectly summarizes the spiritual crisis we are facing in the world. And I, my friends, am as guilty of this as any other. I've spent over a decade trying to "find myself" or define myself, taking the focus off of God/The Sacred and onto me. Where did it leave me? Well, if I'm being honest...quite miserable. So now that I find myself back on a path to God, I can rest in His peace that transcends all understanding. 

I am grateful for God's grace in allowing us to make mistakes and come back to His goodness, even if we leave him for an hour, a day, a year...or in my case, over a decade.

Speaking of those younger days, one of the artists who I loved (and continue to love; by the way, he is great live) is Michael W. Smith. He not only writes some catchy tunes, but he exudes a light and kindness. I'd like to share two of my favorites from him; although, I'm sure if I do a deeper dive, I'd find others that I regret omitting. 

The first one is a funky 90's tune with a great message.

Michael W. Smith: "Love Me Good"


This next one is often heard at Christmastime (hence the album title😅), but it is so powerful & goosebump-inducing, that I figure why not listen to it year-round?

Michael W. Smith: "Emmanuel"

Comments

Popular Posts