Supernatural (A Testimony)

Some things are simply supernatural and beyond explanation.

***

As many of you know, I've been struggling through a very dark season of my life—or was. I am finally starting to feel free from the shackles of my winter; spring is blooming forth. 

What most people don't know is that my Mom and I shared a supernatural connection. I'm willing to bet most parent-child bonds are this way; however, many probably choose not to tune in and feel it, so to speak. 

My Mom had this uncanny way of knowing exactly when I was sad, lonely, in a moment of darkness and despair to an uncanny degree— almost without fail, my phone would ring with her on the other line in moments of hopelessness. 

It was freaky to say the least.

So when she passed last month, I was left without that one person to check on me, to intuitively know I was not ok...

Or so I thought.

On one very particularly dreadful day where the suicidal thoughts plagued my mind and demons battled for my heart, I got a message from the most unexpected source. My ex-boyfriend from college (whom I hadn't seen or spoken to since 2006), sent me a Facebook message. Granted, we left things on pretty rough terms and weren't Facebook friends, so seeing his name again was a shock (an understatement, to say the least).

His message read: 

I'm going against my better judgment to send this message lol. I had a nightmare recently that you weren't ok. You wouldn't say why. So I'm checking. That's all.

***

Wow.

How do I even respond to that...? I let him know that his judgement was right on cue. I had been crying out to God to send someone or something because I wasn't sure how much more of the mental pain and anguish I could endure. Losing my Mom was the last straw on a very rough road fraught with divorce, heartache, abuse, loneliness, closed doors on my dreams, loss, and pain.

Clearly something supernatural was at work.

And even crazier? He had the nightmare on a Wednesday, but reached out on a Saturday, the day I was on the brink of giving up. Now, I'm not sure if you believe in angels or miracles, and I'm not an evangelistic by a long shot. I don't like sales and I don't like pitching people on anything, ever. I believe in a live and let live mentality, but I have to share and give thanks to God that He provided a light in a dark place using mysterious means.

Even freakier?

Mere days before the message, I was cleaning out my car and found a CD the same friend (I shall call him henceforth because he saved my life, really and truly) had burned for me. It was one of his favorite bands, one we had seen live many times together. It brought back memories of being younger and more carefree. I look back on that naive girl, and wonder where she went. Life has been a boot camp of sorts, leaving me (and all of us) bruised and battered. Sometimes even wondering if we can gulp one last sip of air in our weary lungs.

Life is bizarre and things connect in strange ways. Often we cannot connect the dots until we are further down the road. May we remember the road forms us, may we remember we are forever protected and guided.

So, this, my friends, is one of my supernatural experiences. In time, I hope to share more—I've had quite a few, but this one currently takes the cake.

Do you have any encounters with the Mystery of All That Is? It's a beautiful enigma to behold.

**An Update:**

I could add an additional paragraph with the title "Even Freakier Still?" Under it would read the following:

I asked my friend the details of his nightmare. Would you know it, in his nightmare, I said the same words I had cried out to God? The SAME WORDS.  

How do you even begin to explain that...?

Flyleaf: "All Around Me"

Added bonus: Here is Lacey Strum's testimony (singer of Flyleaf)

Lacey Strum's testimony


Comments

Popular Posts