Chromatica

I'll admit it: I'm a little monster. I bow at the feet of Gaga. And I especially love this new direction she is heading with peace and unity and love...

Her message is important. The time is now.

We must heal and to heal we must love.

The latest cry into the void for Gaga is her album Chromatica, a fictional land she is said to inhabit mentally.

A land of blacks and pinks
spikes, and leather
and dirt, and sweat
It looks tough and soft all at once. 
It is paradoxes and she wants to see it unified.

The album starts with a sweeping orchestration and enters to the dance track "Wonderland". ..With a wonderful lyrical playfulness with "My name isn't Alice..." and the standard "Take me home..."she sings. Who doesn't feel that way in these uncertain times?

Pandemic? Check. 
Racial division? Check. 
Hurricane season upon us? Check. 
Unemployment? Check. 

I mean, the list is endless, really. 2020, where do you end? When does mercy begin? For more on how bruised nad beaten this gal feels herself, please read my Elephant Journal Magazine article, An Extrovert Alone In Isolation.

Ok, so here are my top tracks from the new album, which by the way, has total 90's vibes. If I didn't say it earlier (pretty sure I did on YouTube at least...) the 90's are back in a big way. So she's got her finger on the pulse, good on Gaga. And since I'm an 80's girl myself, I look forward to the day the 80's are back in a big way. But then again, I love having them mostly to myself.😁

This one is a nice 90's dance hall track collaboration with Ariana Grande. For more, this is an interesting interview.

Lady Gaga: "Rain on Me"

Lady Gaga: "Stupid Love"

This next one is quite vulnerable and touches on her mental health, and issue that I believe should be highlighted more. 

"It’s about an anti-psychotic that I take. And it’s because I can’t always control things that my brain does. I know that. And I have to take medication to stop the process that occurs."- Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga: "911"

What do you think? Are you digging her most recent incarnation? What era of Gaga do you like best? Don't even get me started! I might make a video about it...

Lady Gaga: "Sour Candy"


...and so many more great tracks! I think Lady Gaga is trying to make kindness metal, and I applaud her efforts. This could not be more perfectly timed. The world needed a dance album and this hits the spot. Thank you, Mama Monster!

Comments

Popular Posts