Tom Petty

'ello, world! I've been on an internet hiatus-- don't worry, world, I'm fine! Great, actually! I just needed some time to enjoy the real world without worrying about YouTube, my blog, my website, and all that jazz. Ya dig? 

Something that has caught my attention as of late, and that is getting plenty of buzz beyond my humble little blog, is the GTA IV trailer. I'm not a gamer, but somehow I'm always surrounded by those who are, so I pay attention. As such, I got myself sucked into the lates Grand Theft Auto Trailer because apparently the map is of my home state-- the lovely state of Florida. Yeah, I said it. Florida is lovely. We get a lot of hate and we are the butt of nearly every joke, but honestly, as someone born here, raised here, and who has spent most of her life here, it's a really great place to be. I don't want to be anywhere else. And who else is from this lovely state? Oh, you know, just the late great rock legend Tom Petty. 

I've always respected and enjoyed his music. But something about hearing his song (see below, my friends) against the backdrop of a central/south Florida game, has re-ignited my passion for his music. I've been listening to it practically non-stop since hearing it. And for some reason, which I can't figure out for the life of me, I had never heard this particular tune despite having listened to most of this album. So tonight, I am taking a moment to watch his documentary and learn rock 'n' roll from one of the greats. Ladies and gentlemen, I re-introduce you to a man who has posthumously reinvigorated his career with a video game trailer...the one & only...Tom Petty. 

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: "Love is a Long Road"

Comments

Popular Posts