As I try and make my way to the ordinary world...

Some of you may or may not know that my favorite band of all time is... *drum roll*...

💖Duran Duran💖

Might be a surprise to some, but if you explore their extensive catalog of music, explore their incredible, ever-evolving synth dynamics, and theatrical, beautiful, symbolic lyrics, you will understand why I've settled on a popular 80's synthpop  MTV boy band as my favorite. Especially as a gal who prides herself on her extensive music love/knowledge.

So, that being said, a song of theirs that was never quite one of my favorites (full disclosure: I'm way more of an 80's Duranie than a 90's Duranie where they introduced more of a rock-forward sound...) is "Ordinary World". However, after another listen, and the current state of the world, I can say that the men of Duran Duran are clearly prophets. I mean, who can deny that the message fits so perfectly in today's climate?

What has happened to it all?
Crazy, some'd say
Where is the life that I recognize?
Gone away
But I won't cry for yesterday
There's an ordinary world
Somehow I have to find
And as I try to make my way
To the ordinary world
I will learn to survive

Duran Duran: "Ordinary World"

Comments

Popular Posts