Election Day (Arcadia)

 Ah, 'tis the day heard 'round the world! To keep things light as I always try to do (in rare occasions, I admit I can go negative or dark, but that's also the beauty of living in a land of polarity). 

I realize I've put this song on before, but I had to do it once more. I mean, it's Election Day, after all...and a great reminder that sometimes great things (the band Arcadia and also The Power Station) came from the demolishing of something that came before (Duran Duran, in this case). 

We often only focus on the success, forgetting what it took to get there. If it wasn't for Duran Duran's breakup, Arcadia and The Power Station would have never existed! And what great albums and timeless hits they both created. Thankfully, there was an even happier ending, and Duran Duran got back together, but they had to take a detour before they could.

Neat 80's new wave story, right?

Totally.


Arcadia: "Election Day"

The Power Station: "Get It On"
Duran Duran: "New Moon on Monday"

Comments

Popular Posts