Let Me Hear You Make Decisions Without Your Television

I love Depeche Mode. Have I said that yet? I'm sure I have. They are one of my favorite 80's bands, if not my absolute favorite. Duran Duran and Depeche Mode always fight for top ranking. One is sunshine while the other is the moon. It makes sense in my world.

One of my favorite DM tracks come straight from one of my favorite albums of theirs, Black Celebration. If you ever want to get your goth on, here's your fix. I'm an inner emo child, so it works. Stripped, while it made air play, seems far advanced for simply a top 40 list. The car engine revving in the beginning, the lyrics of love and vulnerability, along with the tear drops of synth in the beginning that lead up to the punchy synth and drums, are brilliant. Yet another reason I will forever fall at the feet of Martin L. Gore. The man is a synth and lyrical genius. I dare you to listen and not move. It's catchy in all the best ways-- industrial, dark, layered, all with Gahan's vampiric, baritone vocals, what's not to love? I love them, I always will, and this is just a taste of what Depeche Mode can do. I want to listen to this so loudly that I become one with the music...that my ears bleed. Dark? How apropos. Enjoy, my little goth children...

Depeche Mode: "Stripped"

Comments

Popular Posts