Workout Jams

My first post of 2014! Whaaaat?!?!
 Now that the shock of my severe slacking has worn off, I must admit that I think I've concocted a pretty solid work-out mix. This is great for those hesitant to exercise because it gives you perfect beats married to lyrics that promise to increase your pace and stamina. I don't know about you, but I need music to motivate me to workout. Just as coffee makes the morning palatable for the non-morning person (it truly gets me out of bed some mornings), so music gets my sometimes lazy butt moving.


This e-card being said, let me save you some time. Let me share with you my workout playlist. Now I realize it won't motivate everybody, but it might inspire you and give you some ideas, so let's give it a go:

Cardio:
 Ideal for the Elliptical*:
*because I haven't listened to them on the treadmill...yet.

Christina Aguilera: "Army of Me"
Our girl Xtina is fierce, the message is strong, and the beat keeps my feet movin'! I'm liking this one better than Fighter, at least at the moment.  





Taylor Swift: "I Knew You Were Trouble"
You know you like a good ex song. Channel any and all pain. Work it.





Carrie Underwood: "Last Name"
Carrie's legs alone make me want to go to the gym, but this song motivates me to stay there. What good girl doesn't like to feel a little bad?





A Treadmill favorite (for obvious reasons):
Katy Perry: "Walking on Air"
This one reminds me of the dance hits that were popular in the '90s, and they are still as loveable today (along with everything else '90s, really.) And if you haven't noticed, '90s fashion has made a comeback in a big way. Lots of floral dresses, high-waisted shorts and platform sneakers take me back to my childhood. Which reminds me, the commercial below has so much '90s win. Unfortunately, the young whipper snappers today will never fully appreciate all of the awesomeness. Sigh.


 Vanilla Ice Meets Mac 'n Cheese Meets TMNT



Back to my workout mix. I won't overload you with songs, so let me leave you
 with one more. For crunches, this one is my favorite. It takes a minute for the song to pick up tempo, but when it does, it's perfect for toning that tummy! Sometimes I wish I could start a workout class for music nerds like me who just like to move and be motivated by the music. Yes, there is Zumba, but I mean something like Zumba for the less coordinated with all kinds of music that gets your blood pumping

Crunches:
Lady Gaga: "Gypsy"

I owe y'all some weight training tracks. I'll have to put those in another post. Until then, ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts