John Carpenter

People might be surprised to find that I, as a being of light, have a dark side that I looove to embrace (my inner goth child🧛💀). And by dark side, I mean music that is a bit ominous and menacing, poetry that chills one to the bone, and thoughts best reserved for funerals and murders. Oops. Did I write this and speak what most think but never confess aloud? Pardon moi. But really and truly, why should anyone be surprised? If we are honest with ourselves, we all have dark sides. Even the supposed "angels" among us. Everything is binary...both and...so why not embrace it from time to time rather than bottling it up and letting it explode at inopportune moments? Absurd if you ask me. I'm starting to find that putting oneself in a box is boring and maddening. Or maybe this is what I get for spending years of a pandemic alone. It forces one to embrace the darkness. I don't have a choice. Lucky you if you're surrounded by loved ones and light. 

One of the darker artists I thoroughly enjoy (and honestly, who is surprised as I am a synth lover?) is horror film legendary composer of the 70's & 80's John Carpenter. If I could be half the synth composer he is one day I'd be so proud. An analogy: I suppose he is to horror composition what Stephen King is to horror writing.

This one is admittedly tame, and catchy, so I'll share, but perhaps I'll share even darker tunes later.

John Carpenter: "The End"🎃🎃


Comments

  1. I totally concur with your post...we are not beings of just light or dark, but there is a flow in all of us. When we are forced to have those two sides collide, that is where growth happens. Walking the line of light and dark can be both thrilling and exhausting. But there is beauty in both, and beauty in the journey. Personally, I gravitate towards what I call my "screaming" music when I am feeling particularly dark, such as music by the band Chelsea Grin. From one "inner emo kid" to another, have fun exploring the dark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! Ohh I'll have to check out Chelsea Grin. That band is new to my ears. And yes! Inner emo kids unite! This world is rough and we need something to help us get by... <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts