Work It

I grew up as an artistically-minded child who favored singing, drawing, and playing the guitar. I didn't much care for P.E. or athletics in any capacity. In fact, I hated them. P.E. was always my most dreaded class in school while Chorus and English were clear favorites.

Now I'm older and realize I have to workout (which I used to loathe) in order to keep a smaller, toned physique. In order to make this more palatable to my nonathletic younger self, I've found a clear motivator--music.

Workout music varies from person to person. What might motivate one individual might repel another. For me, however, I love working out to hip hop and, for lack of a better term, "slutty beats." Yeah, I came up with the latter one. Those would include artists entertainers whose primary focus is in on their  bodies sexuality performances a la Britney Spears, Pussycat Dolls, Katy Perry, etc. For some reason, thinking about unleashing my inner sex pot motivates me to get in even better shape. Call it TMI, but ladies, I think it works. 

So, in this vein, I want to share some favorite workout songs. Even though I workout to feel better about myself, I still think I am Tina Fey at the gym. The awkward, smart, silly, really awesome personality, but not a barbie doll kind of girl. Love Tina, but she's not the one who is going to turn heads at a gym. Well, maybe an intellectual gym, and for that reason, she is a goddess in my eyes. All hail the nerd! I digress. So, here are your workout songs for the day:


Jeremih feat. 50 Cent: "Down On Me"

And just to show how 50 Cent seems like a cool, "normal" guy...
 
Keenan Cahill and 50 Cent lip syncing

And one of my guilty pleasures, Miss Britney Spears. Yes, she is not what I would consider a quality singer; however, since her voice sounds almost like an electronic instrument, it fits in so well with her produced style. A workout favorite due to its catchy beats, but not someone I hold in high esteem as far as artistry.

Britney Spears: "I Wanna Go"

Comments

  1. Whatever floats your boat i guess lol... you and your music lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. Sometimes you gotta listen to the "fast food music." Not really good for me, but sometimes you crave it, and it tastes so good. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts